Sunday, March 14, 2010

Always (A Poem)

I've always loved you

You can see it in old pictures
And the way we used to laugh
So nervous
So tense
The electricity was in the air
Always has been

You can see it in old pictures
And the way you always held me
Strictly friends
Strictly comfortable
You never forced your hand
You never did

I've always loved you

Even before I knew I did
When I was a child
Watching Disney movies
Lusting after Aladdin
Because he was funny
And Wishing
That I could find someone as sweet
As all those princesses

I've always loved you

Even as a teenager
When I fell for only friends
And only jokesters
Only consolers
Only the comfortable
Never the practical
Never the typical

I loved them for the pieces
The tiny pieces that reminded me
Of you

Because I've always known you

Even before we met that day
When you were waiting for me
Like a knight come to rescue
The maiden from her room mates
(Because they were worse than any dragon)

I've always known you

That's why we always loved

That's why
I've always loved you

©2010 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment