Monday, March 22, 2010

Girlfriend Magazine (A Poem)

I watch you
You read other books
And I hate them all

The new one
With her glossy pages
Or that old familiar rag
The one you curl up with
In bed
At night
She's your favorite
And I spit the word

"Favorite"

It used to belong to me
But not anymore
I was
"Favorite"
But now she's
"Favorite"

Read me again
Please
I'm begging you
Please

I am so easy to read

Just LOOK!
At the words falling
Out of my mouth
All over the pages
My tear-streaked make-up
Ruining the advertisements
For bottles of Beauty

I am
So easy to read
Just take a second
And see

My open soul
Is your open book
Flip my pages
Bend my spine
I'll relish it
And relive it
Over and over
In my one-track mind

Remember?

When you used to…
Read me? Watch me? See me? Need me?

What happened?

Why don't you?
Anymore?
Just LOOK! at those headlines
And at that pretty face
Just LOOK! at all the beautiful people
Flocking to my space

Doesn't my popularity
Entertain you? Entice you? Delight you?

Read me, please
I'm begging, please

I know I have issues
But you bought the subscription
You're mine
And I'm your's
You promised,
A year

Read me again
Please
I'm begging you
Please

I am
So easy

To read



XOXO
Love,
Your March 2009 copy of Girlfriend Magazine


©2010 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment