Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Wish (A Poem)

I wish
Writing a list
Of things tangible and serene

But I include the abstract
Dreams

Because when I wish
I wish for happiness

Or hope
Or love
Or money

But isn't it all the same thing
Nowadays?

I wish alot
And often
For fame
Or inspiration
For a spark of creativity
A break in the insanity

A hug
A friend

An alibi

A voice
So that I may be heard
My issues may be heard
That people need more
And I have my fingers on the pulse
Of all that jazz
Because I know what matters
And I know
How to make love stay

You simply tell it to

"Stay."

I wish
For safety and forgiveness
Good food
Good dreams
Good times

I wish
Because I don't like praying
It's not the action
It's the word
I don't like
"Praying"

I like wishing
I like the action
I like the word even more
"Wishing."
Like a fairy-tale
Like Disney World
Like stars that twinkle and shine
And a childhood gone right
Like lots of fancy, expensive presents
When you wake up on Christmas

I love wishing
It's the pretense
The fiction
The hope
However fake
However false
That somehow, it'll happen

You'll make it
You'll get it
They'll love you

That you will be
Okay

I wish


©2010 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment