Friday, June 11, 2010

To Quit is My Goal

I haven't had a single cigarette since last Saturday. Tomorrow will make it my first official week of not-smoking. I have been wanting to quit forever and I decided that now is as good a time as any, and that continuing to have one here and there wasn't making it any easier. So long, cancer sticks! Hello health.

I'm doing well now. Monday was really hard. I've only had two cravings today and it was nothing gum and basic distraction techniques couldn't handle.

Poncho is next. He says he bought his last pack today. I wish him luck with his endeavor now that he's on the path.

I feel tons better and it's only been a week. Next up, gym membership. It'll be hard to get started, but once I get my foot in the door I think it'll be smooth sailing from there. I've always been really good at the maintenance stage of any plan. It's just that first initial hump that always throws me.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment