Sunday, October 24, 2010

Village People

We FINALLY got a gym membership. Took us long enough, right? I've been saying I would sign up for months now. And as of today, we are members at the new Reuter Family YMCA in that fancy-schmancy Biltmore Park area. We used the indoor track and the cycle machines today. We got home today in time for Poncho's shift at 3:30pm and I made us some nice salads with avocado, green olives, carrots, bacon bits, and ranch dressing. Arizona green tea to wash it all down. And boy, lemme tell ya - I feel fantastic!

We're going to go back again tomorrow, and swim in the indoor heated pool and lounge in the hottub and and maybe walk the track again. I have my at-home shift tomorrow at 3:30pm, but if we leave the Y at 2:30pm, we should have plenty of time to get back here and have lunch. I've had just one cup of coffee today, and I feel great. Not tired or depressed, just excited and healthy and fresh. I'm so excited about going back tomorrow. We have an appointment set up in November with a trainer to teach us how to use the equipment in the work out room and to help us track our progress. But man, I just feel so good.

Joined up with shoedazzle.com today. $39.95/mo for a new pair of shoes, free shipping. And damn, they are supercute. Got my first pair today half off and I am super pumped about them.

I'm visiting my dad this coming weekend. Going over bills and receipts and everything with him and then spending some good quality time together. I'm really looking forward to it. Still trying to figure out what we're doing for the holidays. Poncho and I both have step-families and everyone is so spread out over such huge physical distances, it's hard to visit everyone in such a short period of time. But I'm determined. Last year we didn't spend the holidays together and just went to hang with our respective families and I missed him terribly much and it lessened the joy of the holidays for me. So this year, we're trying to do it all together and do the switch thing where we spend one with this family and the next with the other family, or something. Wish me luck! It's hell trying to schedule that. But overall, I am so damned happy today.

It's Fun to Be at the Y-M-C-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment