Friday, December 2, 2011

Tiers of Tears - A Poem

These are not tears over rejection
The many layers of affection
Or the lost connection

These are tears of embarrassing,
Mumbling
Never-mind-me
Didn't say anything...
Tears hot like blushing
Burning
Crush-ing

These are tears of a lifetime
Of being outcast,
outranked and outclassed

These are tears of knowing
I'm not up to the task

And I wish I could play it cool
Because you're right,
And I'm such an overzealous fool

But it's too late now

And these tears can't be undone
Or rewound
But I'm undone
And unwound
Like a spool of tangled thread
Falling apart to a new rhythm
Of choking sobs and bitterness

And I should have known
I should have known

But these are not tears of rejection
Abandon

These are tears of shame
Tears of knowing,
I'll never be able to play that game

©2011 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment