Friday, June 24, 2011

For BJ - A Poem

I wish I could describe

The wary smile

wavy hair

The curiosity,

you stare


I wish I could describe

The kindness

In those blind eyes

Framed,

bespectacled


I'm certain I could

If I had the words

the meter

And some kick ass rhymes


But just being me

I work with what I have

I have:

a good feeling

and I have some face-time

Should I take this time

To mention facebook?

Because I'm glad to find

You in my friend requests

And it makes me smile

When I see a new "poke"

from you


I'd like to take this time

To tell you all

How talented and kind

This kid is


I'd like to find the rhyme

To make it worth his while

For stopping by


I'd like to pantomime

But can't


So I'll just take this time

To say

"Thank you"

For stopping by


I hope I've done some justice

To such a special guy

©2011 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment