Sunday, February 26, 2012

Companion - A Poem

With eyes like mine, you kiss me
Carefully
Like Uncertainty taints your lips
Like you can taste It on my fingertips
When I touch you
When I caress you with fingertips that fly
Like eager butterflies

And I suppose it would be silly
To liken your skin to silk
Or flower petals
So I'll keep that bit to myself
Holding back that last inch
Of who I am
--To save that last piece of myself
My sanity
Wrapped in tin foil
Like leftovers
I'll save it for later

And I feel bad when I come on too strong
Pushing you back with Chapstick-kisses
To rock on your heels
When I kiss you, with too much force
Overzealous and impatient
And we laugh at how we fidget
Synchronicity shines through
Those eyes like mine

And I like it
What we are, when you are Here
Holding back enough to relish it
Like distance makes a difference
And you smell so good, I cannot help myself
Nibbling along your jawline
--Down, down across the throat and up
--Playing along your ear lobes, Sighing
Sighing along your skin and your breath catches
Makes me giggle with the rush of power
Like wind

And you kiss me
With eyes like mine
You kiss me carefully
Like Uncertainty taints my lips
Like you can taste It in my mouth
As out tongues flit like nervous gestures
Darting, kind of like a warning
Of things to come

And I suppose it would be silly
To liken your lips to something edible
To say something girly about the length of your lashes
As they rest upon your cheek
When you sleep
So I'll keep that bit to myself
Holding back that last inch
Of who I am
Of how I think
--To save that for myself
My poetry
Wrapped in enigma
Like mystery
I'll save it for later
...A rainy day

And I feel bad when I blush at you
Urging you forward with Chapstick-kisses
When I should probably stop
But I like it
What we are, when you are Here
Whatever we are, I hold it dear

My friend, my lover
My newest Companion
With eyes like mine...
Let's fly

©2012 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment