Friday, December 10, 2010

24

So I'm now officially twenty-four years old. And have been for about a week now. I got a Kindle for my birthday. I downloaded over a hundred free classics and all I've wanted to read is Twilight. Which I had to pay for. Which becomes even funnier, considering I have the physical books. But they're really heavy and not very good for prolonged reading. So I love my Kindle. I use it all the time while I'm on duty, and it makes reading between calls soooo much easier. Funny story - when my dad gave me my Kindle on my birthday, the box was empty. Apparently someone stole that one. But it's all good, 'cause he raised hell with Best Buy and they gave us a new one. Phew.

We had Midnight Cake from Alon's Bakery. Yum. In fact, we still have some left over that we're trying to get through. We ran out of milk half-way through the week and I haven't eaten any since we got more milk since I had a killer migraine yesterday and the thought of eating cake made me gag.

But yeah, killer migraine from hell yesterday. Started around 7pm and even after taking two of my migraine Rx pills, it didn't go away. By 2am, I was obviously desperate, and took one of Poncho's pain pills. That barely numbed it, but at that point I was grateful for any sort of break. Still having a few throbs today, and still kind of sensitive to light. But at least I can read today. And watch TV and look at the computer screen. Last night that was completely out of the question. Which was really hard to cope with. Especially not being able to read. Poncho read to me for a little while, but even just the sound of his voice made my head hurt more... It was awful.

So we'll see what's going on with that when the doctor calls us back.

Anywho. I'm making Poncho some dinner, since I have the day off and he's working today. I can hear his voice through the wall. It makes him feel less far away. How I do love that boy. Ever so much.

2 comments:

  1. this might sound like an unrelated question, but are you on birth control? i've been on yaz for quite some time, but as my hormones changed, it began to give me KILLER migraines... like 2 day long migraines which left me unable to get out of bed, sensitive to light, nauseated, etc. i'm getting off of it as soon as i can get to the doctor.
    anyway, that might be something to think about as a cause. hormones are tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am on birth control. And recently switched over to a different kind, within the last 3 months. I'm on Loestrine24 now, and I was on Kariva before. They switched me over because I was having a lot of abdominal pain and they thought changing my bc would help. It did - the abdomindal pain went away, but now I get migraines. I'm seriously considering skipping out of pills altogether and going in for a Nuva Ring or something.

    ReplyDelete