Friday, January 21, 2011

A Collection of Poems Written in January

I am dreaming of a world
Dewey mists and snowflake-swirled
Swing ajoined through the trees
Giddy, dizzy as you please
Watchin' stars pop out the eaves
Breath as fog and winded leaves
And with words caressed I'll stay
Safe as houses on display
Undressed and stressed (like syllables
at play)
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am off to bed to dream
About Maple, Birch and Hemlock
Away above the cloud-tops
Where I can see the snowdrifts
Alight with newborn motives
*
I am off to bed to dream
About my cotton-candy sunrise
Pink plays between the fine lines
Along the blood-red backbone's spine
And how divine (I feel) to find
Colors blending -- so sublime
These snow-dusted peaks are mine

1 comment:

  1. The last one blew me away in a gust of icicles & flurries. The flow fits the details beautifully. Thanks for sharing your spirit, lady!

    ReplyDelete