Monday, November 1, 2010

Cabin Fever

Spent the weekend with Dad and Chrisi at Bear Paw. Gah, it's SO beautiful there. And I had a really nice time. We took a 4 mile walk through the woods, along some of the paved walking trails. It was so nice. Perfect weather - cool, crisp autumn air refreshing you with each brisk step, and lovely fall colors swirling around amongst the evergreens beneath a bright blue sky with little wisps of white cottony clouds. Perfect.

Dad and I are doing really well. Better than we ever have before. He complimented my outfit when I first arrived, and told me numerous times throughout the weekend how proud he is of me, and how mature I am and how far I've come. I think so, too, but it's nice to have him in agreement.

I'm hoping to have Sunday off, since I already have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off this week, so I can head down to spend this weekend there as well. He offered to let me bring my laundry down with me and use their facilities. Dad even seems to be better about Poncho nowadays, too. He offered to let him come with me for the holidays. I'm so excited about the holidays! It'll be so nice to see everyone and be on such good terms with everybody and not feel so ashamed of where I am as a person. Man, this is great.

I'm so happy! Everything is going so well!

In other news, my shoes from shoedazzle.com came today and I am wearing my boots and they are so cute and I am so happy about them. They fit really well and I'm rather pleased with the whole program. I decided to skip this month, since nothing in the selection for November really jumped out at me and I don't see a reason to spend money on shoes that don't absolutely grab me.

Our next Gevalia coffee shipment is heading out our way next week, with some yummy teas and more chocolate raspberry coffee. I missed that coffee. We ran out last month and decided to just wait for the next shipment instead of getting more right away.

Well, I am scheduled to work today from 8pm-12:30am. As soon as I finish my cup of coffee (pumpkin spice, mmm) we're headed to the Ingles down the road for some grocery shopping. It's silly how excited I am about wearing my new shoes, even if it's just down the road to the store.

And hopefully, we'll make it to the YMCA a few times this week.

I love my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment