Sunday, August 29, 2010

That "New Home" Smell

My dad's mountain cabin retreat reeks of it. In a good way. Kind of. On the 1st floor and in the closets it's a little too chemical-smelling for my tastes. But the air outside! It's heavenly. And it's so green! We went hiking and saw two waterfalls and almost went kayaking and I learned that Native Americans bent saplings to show directions and we saw this great old cabin by some early settler and dad didn't hit his head on the low door-frame this time. Man. Good times.

Been looking at apartments. Found some great deals across the street from work. I think we're going to try to stay here and pay off my credit card though. ::sigh:: Just $2800 left. Only 4 months if I pay $800/mo. Whoo! That would put us out of here by December. I hope we don't get snow before that.

In the meantime, it's off to the gym and overtime and abstaining from cigarettes. Going on three months!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment