Sunday, October 10, 2010

Look Before You LEEP

The procedure went really well on Friday. The only really bad part(s) - the shot of numbing solution, because I hate needles; feeling a jarring jolt of electricity when the machine shocked me; feeling all shaky when they gave me a second shot of epinephrine to stop the bleeding. I started crying when they almost done because of nerves, but it really wasn't that bad. The Xanax helped.

Having mom here this weekend was nice. We spent most of our time together playing video games on our laptops - she had Farmville and I had The Sims 2. But we also watched some highlights from Buffy - I had her watch Hush, Once More With Feeling, and The Body - and we also watched Repo! The Genetic Opera, after she commented on Giles' singing voice. She made me some wonderful blueberry cobbler, and I was very happy to get the chance to spend some time with her.

Poncho and I signed up for Gevalia coffee when our coffee-maker died last week. We have been rabidly enjoying the abundance of chocolate raspberry coffee that came in our first shipment. Yummm.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently and have started taking meds to help with that. Apparently the depression, the lack of energy, the dry skin, the weird changes in appetite... all the symptoms I had been attributing to quitting cigarettes are due - at least in part - to this condition and should start to dissipate now that I'm medicated.

Here's to a brighter, healthier tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment