Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost and Found

I lost my foundation at twelve.
My heart at fourteen.
My virginity at seventeen.
My wisdom teeth at eighteen.
My independence at nineteen.
My sanity at twenty.

At twenty-two,
I lost my faith.

And at twenty-two,
I met you.

At twenty-three,
I have found these three:

Faith
Sanity

And
Independence

Lost to me
Before you loved me

And now,
I have found what I never had to lose:

Stability
Certainty

And,

Hope
For the future

Because now,
The future is worth waiting for.

3 comments:

  1. =)

    You gave me meaning. My words were empty prose, full of false feeling. Your eyes became the muse to my art. Your life and pain, your beauty, our children, gave the words I call into the sky power. You are why I am who I am. I love you. I will always love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There needs to be a "Like" button on here. But I really like the paralleling of loss and gain. Keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, we have identical time lines. Pretty crazy.

    Glad you've found such happiness :)

    ReplyDelete