Friday, April 30, 2010

Things and Stuff

I was just outside and it is GORGEOUS out there. 77 degrees and sunny as all get out. Yay! While I was outside, I started thinking about all the stuff that I would love to do in this beautiful weather. I started compiling a mental list, and thought I'd post it so I can reference back to it later.

Tuesday, May 4th The Aquabats! are playing at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC. It's $17/ticket the day of the show, and my friend Guy is trying to orchestrate a big bus trip to go see them. I'd have to get gas money together to get to Greensboro and back, and put away enough for food and such while we're out and about. But man, oh man. I would love to go.

Friday, May 7th at 7pm, my friend Will is putting on a recital in Winston-Salem, NC. I would love to go and show my support, but even more than that - I would just love to see the kid. I haven't seen Will since High School.

Patrick's summer vacation is coming up, and his classes let out in mid-May. I'd love to be able to go visit him some in Athens, GA so we can soak up the sun together. It's been ages since I've seen him. I miss him terribly.

My mom's birthday is coming up in June, on Wednesday the 16th. I'd like to be able to hang out with her that day. Even just for a quick visit. I miss spending time with my family.

Father's Day is Sunday, June 20th, and I would really like to do something with my dad this year to celebrate. We've been doing so much better as of late than we normally do, and I know it really hurt his feelings last year when I couldn't make it down that weekend.

My dad's birthday is Thursday, July 1st, and I would again, really like to make it down to do something fun for that. Or at least remember to send him a nice card.

Grandfather Mountain Highland Games, in Boone, NC Thursday, July 8th - Sunday, July 11th. I don't remember how much this is. But I would love to go. I haven't been in so long.

SUUSI 2010, held at Radford University's campus in Radford, VA during the week of July 18th - July 24th. It's approximately $500 per person, so in order for me and Poncho to both go I would need to save up at least a thousand.

Now I feel really broke and desolate.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. if you guys ever need somewhere to stay in boone (i mean, i kind of assume you'll stay with your mom, but still!), my apartment is open. :)

    ReplyDelete