Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nine O'clock Call-in

I got to sleep in today, an extra hour and a half. I usually get up by 7am at the latest, and have to be out the door by 7:45am to be clocked in at Cornerstone on time. I slept until 8:45am today and it was marvelous. I feel lazy and groggy and wonderful. I have on my fluffy slippers and matching robe and it is going to be a good day.

Poncho is at work all day, going through rigorous training for customer service and product knowledge for his new job. I'll miss his presence around the house today, but I am so very glad he has a job to be away from me for. It's such a relief to me for us to both have jobs now. I'm so grateful.

Whatever powers may be out there in the cosmic void, praise be and thank you.

This month, with my new job, I was able to pay off $600 on my one remaining credit card balance (now resting at $4000). I hope to continue making $600 payments on it every month, and at that rate, I'll be free of the damn thing in 6 months. What a lovely idea. Then there's my 2 student loans, and Poncho's 1 student loan to take care of. But they've got such lower interest rates attached to them. And when we get back into school, they're deffer payments until gradation. So I'm not as concerned with them as I am with the credit card. What a good feeling, to pay off debt. I love it.

I feel so hopeful and like I'm moving forward again. Hooray!

I was on call this morning, in case the restaurant needed me. But they didn't, and everyone showed up and they're not super slammed or anything. So today is going to be a day of rest and relaxation and rejuvenation. I think I'll start by playing some Sims 2.

Peace, love, and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment