Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day

I didn't do anything today. I feel ashamed and now afraid of what that means tomorrow will be like - my last day of training.

I played the Sims and watched movies and had a very nice in depth heart to heart chat with Poncho, and now I feel miserable and overwhelmed.

And to top it all off, Laura called and told us that she spoke to the landowner and they aren't going to allow a house rabbit. And get this - they actually tried to sell me on a hutch rabbit system. They want me to keep my pet outside. Hell no. If it was a cat or a dog, that would be considered negligence. I feel insulted. After all the time I spent telling them about the difference between the home environment and its effects on rabbits, versus the effects of living in a hutch outdoors. It cuts years off their lives! It's ridiculous. Never. I will simply not get a bunny if I can't give it the proper accommodations.

But I'm still upset about it. I was hoping for a furry companion to be joining our home sometime soon, and now that that isn't going to happen and I don't have that to look forward to anymore, I feel so dismal.

Gah.

Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and they'll call back and tell me it was a joke, and that we can really have a bunny. That they already bought us one, as a present for being such great tenants. Yeah. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment