Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 2 of Training

Today was my second day of training and I am exhausted. My feet are swollen and aching. I made $5. I need to memorize shorthand for all the menu items, and all the prices, for everything.... I have tomorrow off. I'll be spending it getting my car fixed.

My car needs a lot of work done. It needs a new headlight bulb, and alignment, and new tires, and the cruise control needs to be fixed, and the driver's side window is squeaking again, so it needs to be looked at. And a light on my dashboard came on yesterday that says SRS in big red letters. Not sure what that means, but it needs to be addressed, as well tomorrow. Gah. Oh, and the driver's side washer fluid squirty thing doesn't work and needs to be fixed.

I have one more day of training, on Friday. Then on Saturday, I have to do Expo. Expo is what they call the person who gets the food out of the window after the cooks set it there when they've finished cooking it, and puts it on a tray and aligns all the plates for a table so the ticket is complete and ready to be carried out by that table's server - or whoever is handy. I'm so dreading it. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

I need to study the menus tomorrow. And practice my shorthand. But for now, I'm going to pig out on fruit and watch Miyazaki films with Poncho. I miss him so much when I'm gone all day. I hate being in such a bad mood when I come home from work. I'm just so tired. And customers are so mean sometimes. I feel so much better when I've taken a shower and changed into my PJs, but still - I'm just so drained. It's hard to not just fall into bed and pass out. But if I did that, I'd mess up my sleep schedule and I really can't afford to do that.

And now, movies.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment