Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Steal Another Glance (A Poem)

I crack the eggs
Spill the milk
Whisked into a frenzy
Hint of lime
Dash of salt
And I steal a glance at the egg timer

Cooking up a storm
Without rain
As snow falls and wind howls

I whisper to myself
That it tastes great
As I lick another spoon dry
And steal a glance at the egg timer

Whirling 'round the kitchen
Tiny yellow and round table
Set the napkins and place-holders
For this smallish sort of fare

I sing to myself
Quietly, quietly
As I beat the eggs with mercy
Flicking delicate, my lady's wrist
That holds the fork like a fairy's wand

Vanilla and olive oil drip
Brown and green, like my eyes
And I can't help but cry
As the onions wreak havoc

And I steal another glance at the egg timer


©2010 ~strawberry-goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment