Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Many Different Kinds of Love



The reason I never see Cookie is that Russell and I don't exactly get on. I miss that kid sometimes. The friendship. The closeness. The trust, the laughter, the bizarre unnameable connection. I don't miss the dating aspect. But I hate that - to him, now - I don't exist. That all of that stuff before we were an item doesn't exist anymore. It doesn't mean anything. It's like that with all my ex's. I disappear. I hate that. I hate disappearing. I feel so insignificant and invisible. I remember them. I still love them, in a way. Not in the couple-way. Not romantic or longing or passionate. But it is love. Or something like it.

I feel like we use the word "love" for too much. It applies to too many different things. The Greek had a better handle on it, what with their four kinds of love.

Agápe - True Love
Éros - passionate, sensual love
Philia - friend/familial love, brotherly love
Storge - platonic love, almost exclusively among family

I have lots of bad memories when it comes to love. I have a bad track record, so to speak. And I'm sure I'll go into that more later. But, the word "love" and the topic of love, the feelings and memories that this word produces within me, brings me to the topic of Poncho. My beloved, my betrothed, my fiancé, my soul-mate, my best friend. My life's blood. My other half. My rock. My home. I love him.



We're hoping to be married 12-12-2012. It's a Wednesday. We want a Disney World wedding. I want a big poofy white dress. Lots of flowers. Apply to all 5 senses, with lovely appearances, lovely smells, lovely sounds, comfortable arrangements for seating, and amazing food and drink. I'm so excited!!!


We've been together as a couple since July 18th, 2009.

We've been best friends since we met March 22nd, 2009. <3



1/2 carat diamond, set in platinum, with a 1/4 carat sapphire hidden underneath the diamond.



We're very happy with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment