Monday, February 22, 2010

Worst Pap Smear Ever

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/cevicalconditions/a/colposcopy.htm

I had to have one of these today. I had my first abnormal pap smear back in December of last year and this is what the sciences have come up with as an answer to abnormal paps.

Really? Is this the best we can do? Where are the advancements in medical science when I need them? This was painful, and violating, and I cried. The Doctor and nurse administering this hellish ordeal felt really bad because I cried, so apparently it's not as bad for the other poor women who've gone through this.

But yipes! I mean, just read that article. It makes you squirm. It makes *me* squirm, and I already got it over and done with.

I get the results back Friday, or Monday at the latest. Wish me luck. Prayers are appreciated.

Poncho has been a dear, today. I feel so much better just having him near. I feel weak and vulnerable and exposed and mutilated. He makes me feel safer and so loved. I think he's done better for the discomfort than the Tylenol. Thank you, baby. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment