Friday, February 26, 2010

Water

So. I hate having to drink water. Especially tap water. Filtered, bottled stuff is better and not as metallic tasting, but I still shy away from it. I drank a whole glass of water last night before going to bed and today I woke up and look like I lost weight overnight. I mean, I looked in the mirror and I was noticeably slimmer!

I know, I know - we're made of a mostly water, you're supposed to drink a bajillion cups of the gross liquid every day. I know. It doesn't change that it tastes so bad! It almost makes me gag.

I have been trying to drink this cup next to me all morning. The multi-vitamin bottle says to take the pill after a meal and with a full glass of water. I want to do everything in my power to be a healthier person, so I am inclined to obey.

Blech. Water.

3 comments:

  1. btw meg, water isn't supposed to taste like anything: city water is always going to have a mix of minerals and chemicals (anything you put down the drain, like medicine, is going to end up in the water supply in a very dilute amount). So while the water from your tap won't hurt you, it won't taste very great for that matter either (if you really want to know what's in your water supply the city is required to publish what's found in it by law). You can get a cheap water filter (~$30) from walmart or even kroger if you want; me and my roommates use one, and we only need to replace the filter every 2 months (~$5). Guess what: the water tastes great.

    I bet you can guess who you know that's this scientific

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. But thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous is right... Fresh pure water has no flavor or odor...

    Over the years, I've noticed I can kinda teach myself to favor certain foods. The biggest example of this is low-fat food. The idea of eating skin-on chicken is not exactly appealing to me! But other people think the skin is the best part!!! John & Patrick for example. Patrick moans & groans when I'm cooking & I do anything to try to reduce the fat! He says "fat is flavor!" But not to me...

    I wonder if you could sorta "train" yourself to like water? Just a thought...

    Luv my girl!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete